Marketing during a time of global crises might seem like a near impossible task. The initial reaction for businesses during a crisis is typically to halt all marketing, but in reality it’s crucial for businesses to have a strong marketing strategy now more than ever. Of course it may not be businesses as usual, so businesses may need to pivot and rethink their marketing strategies in order to not only survive but thrive during uncertain times. If you are unsure how to approach your marketing during a crisis, start by following these marketing strategies to keep you moving forward.
Improve Customer Experience
It’s not about you. When a crisis hits, people get anxious and fearful. As a business this is your opportunity to anticipate the needs of your customers and then offer solutions for them. Think of it as prioritizing the needs of your customers and making empathy the center of your operations. No matter what your business does, you can find ways to offer a better experience for your customers. If you run a restaurant, include tips for reheating leftovers to customers who order their food to go. If you run a bank you, offer customers advice on how to protect their money. Maybe start by asking yourself these questions:
- What do our customers like?
- What do our customers need help with?
- What do our customers wish we had or did?
The companies that are most successful in improving the customer experience will be those who find ways to make it personal. While it may feel difficult, it’s much more cost effective to keep a customer happy than to constantly be acquiring new customers. And this personal touch doesn’t have to be time consuming. Here are 4 quick things you can do to improve your customer experience:
- Send a handwritten note – recognize your best customers with a physical letter they can open and reread. At Letter Jacket we can help you personalize your envelopes for the greatest impact.
- Produce video content – let your customers see that you are real people. Share how your business has been coping with the crisis and what your plans are in assisting your customers.
- Be available outside of business hours – your customers’ problems don’t always happen during normal 8-5 hours. Be available when your customers need you.
- Do the work for them – does your customer need to update their account? Make the updates for them. Do they need help troubleshooting an issue? Set up a video call and walk them through the steps.
How do you approach marketing strategies after a global event?
Following a global event businesses need to take a long-term view on their marketing strategy. Businesses should work on improving their customer experience, focus on their core business, and provide support where they can.
Focus On Your Core Business
Core work isn’t just for exercise. Businesses who are best able to weather the storms are those that invest in and strengthen their core business. So what is your core business? It’s the products, services, and customers that yield the largest return on your investment. If you aren’t sure what your core business is, now is a great time to find out.
What does focusing on your core accomplish? It allows your business to
- Capitalize on your strengths
- Reveal competitive advantages
- Create value in the eyes of your most loyal customers
- See areas for growth that fit with your core customers
- Position yourself as an expert in your industry
- Contain budgets during a time of budget cuts
While businesses should always be focused on their core business, they have an even greater reason to do so during a time of crisis. At Letter Jacket we know that even in times of crisis there are still essential business tasks that need to be done. That’s why we make it easy to always be stocked with the envelopes you need.
Provide Support and Relief
Does your business already engage in philanthropic or charitable efforts? If so you might already be connected to organizations where you can provide support and relief. If not, this is a great time to brainstorm and think about what unique skills, materials, or experience your business can offer. Sometimes a crisis is just the push we need to rise to the challenge of being good corporate citizens. Just remember, that any support and relief efforts you undertake should be done authentically, with a genuine desire to help.
No one knows when a crisis might strike, but by improving the customer experience and focusing on your core business, you can improve your chances of handling whatever is around the corner. At Letter Jacket we are passionate about envelopes, for the primary reason that we know the right envelope can help your business solve problems and save money. Whether it’s marketing communications, invoicing, or collecting donations let Letter Jacket be your hassle-free envelope solution. Chat with an ordering specialist and see how we’re all in this together.
- Following a global event, businesses need to take a long-term view on their marketing strategy.
- It’s crucial for businesses to have a strong marketing strategy now more than ever.
- Businesses should work on improving their customer experience, focus on their core business, and provide support where they can.
- The right envelopes from Letter Jacket can help your business solve problems and save money.